Saving the whole workspace...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29785] Saving the whole workspace...
  • From: "Mark Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:35:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I use Mathematica in a Windows NT environment.
When I work with MathematicaI have several notebooks from all over
my "Projects" directory open but minimized so I can refer to them
without having to search for them & reopen them.  I would like to shut
down Mathematica to reboot, turn the computer off (we have orders from
on high to save energy this way), and so forth.  Call me lazy, if you
want, but  I want to reopen the whole collection of notebooks without
having to hunt all over the place for them. Other Windows applications,
esp. Excel, allow you to save a whole workspace with a mere click of the
mouse.  Is there any way to do this in Mathematica?  The only
alternative I can think of is to create a special folder with copies (or
maybe shortcuts) of the files from every "session", then go into that
folder and reopen every  notebook in there when I take up that project
again. I think this is pretty inefficient in time and disk space.

-mark harder