Re: Mathematica generating gifs for avi's

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29803] Re: Mathematica generating gifs for avi's
  • From: "Borut L" <borut at>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 01:26:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mathematica for PC can save as GIF (when saving a sequence of plots, that
means aGIF (A for animated)). You can use other program (e.g. Animation
Shop) to convert aGIF into AVI.

How to make aGIF under Mathematica? e.g.

MakeAGif[name_String, src_] :=
      Export[name, src, "GIF",
          ConversionOptions -> {
              "Transparency" -> RGBColor[1, 1, 1],
              "Disposal" -> Background,
              "Loop" -> True}
          ] // Timing

I would like to mention the slowness of Mathematica saving sequential GIFs.
Very slow! Why's that?

Mathematic for MAC, as far as I know (I don't posses it), is able to save
animations as MOV (QuickTime).

I heard there are inovative designs engaged for next Mathematica graphics
userface. Is this so?

Well, bye!

Borut from Slovenia

news:9i8pk1$qs0$1 at