Head found ;-)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29838] Head found ;-)
- From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Major mistake ahead:
Symbols don't have Head! They are "terminal symbols" of the Mathematica
language and therefore they have no internal structure per se.
Now I suppose you want to check the Head of the ownvalue of the symbols.
This function returns a List of the names of the wanted symbols:
The output is a list of Strings (the names of the symbols).
Map the function Symbol to this List to get the Symbols.
"Antoine Zahnd" <antoine.zahnd at iprolink.ch> wrote in message
news:9ijhmt$rhn$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> How is it possible to return all the symbols ( belonging to the current
> context ), having a prescribed Head ?
> Thank you very much for your help.
> antoine.zahnd at iprolink.ch
Prev by Date:
Re: Clearing cache
Next by Date:
Re: Naming pieces of patterns
Previous by thread:
Re: Printing Large Base-n Numbers
Next by thread:
Re: Head found ;-)