Head found ;-)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29838] Head found ;-)
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:19:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Major mistake ahead:
Symbols don't have Head! They are "terminal symbols" of the Mathematica
language and therefore they have no internal structure per se.
Now I suppose you want to check the Head of the ownvalue of the symbols.
This function returns a List of the names of the wanted symbols:

checkHeads[contxt_String, theHead_]:=
Select[Names[contxt<>"*"],Head[Symbol@#]===theHead&]

The output is a list of Strings (the names of the symbols).
Map the function Symbol to this List to get the Symbols.
Orestis

news:9ijhmt$rhn$1 at smc.vnet.net...