Re: Head found ;-)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29879] Re: Head found ;-)
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:00:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Orestis Vantzos wrote:

> Major mistake ahead:
> Symbols don't have Head!

oops ! than I have found a bug my Mathematica say

In[]:=Head[x]
Out[]=  Symbol

There are more strange errors in my Mathematica Head[1] return
Integer, Head[1.2] return Real, Head[1/2] return Rational
Head[I] return Complex and Head["Every thing has a head"] return
String. What should I do ? contact the support ;-) get my money
back ??

> They are "terminal symbols" of the Mathematica
> language and therefore they have no internal structure per se.

But they have a Head[] because Head[] is the only way to specify
a certain type.

Regards
  Jens