Exponents and notation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29876] Exponents and notation
- From: "Ludwig Deruyck" <dr01202 at pophost.mediring.be>
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:28:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Solving '2^3^4^5' with a HP48G+ (Algebraic mode) gives as a result:
This is the solution of ((2^3)^4)^5. But is this correct?
2 in equation writer gives an overflow. I believe this is the correct
way of reading '2^3^4^5'
In Mathematica '2^3^4^5' is evaluated as a general overflow, so this is read
in the correct way.
Is the HP wrong ?
mailto:dr01202 at pophost.mediring.be
Prev by Date:
Re: Thread and MapThread
Next by Date:
Capability of Mathematica
Previous by thread:
webMathematica Script Wizards
Next by thread:
Re: Exponents and notation