Capability of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29875] Capability of Mathematica
  • From: "Titus Cheung" <titus at>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:28:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Just wondering how well can Mathematica solve this equation I have before I
pay the price.
The equation goes as follow:

There are a total of 31 terms as illustrated above in 2 integrals over a
sphere like object.
Each of the term is like the following one:

Term 3 = a*b with,
a =
b =

So it's a really long doble integral of 31 terms, with a multiplication of 2
exponentials per term.  I can enter this in symbolic form, can't I?  How
fast and accurate will the solution be?  The answer will be numerical as
it's definite closed integral with specific limits.