why is Export SO slow?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29881] why is Export SO slow?
- From: Paul Cally <Paul.Cally at sci.monash.edu.au>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:00:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Monash Uni
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have been making animations, using ShowAnimation, and then exporting these to a gif movie Export["file.gif",animation] Typically I might have around 130 frames. This all works, but it is SO slow, maybe taking a couple of hours to export!! The final movie is only 176 kb, so each frame is pretty small. Is there a better way to do this? I was running on a 600MHz pentium under linux. Paul Cally -- Assoc Prof Paul Cally Department of Mathematics & Statistics Monash University PO Box 28M Vic, AUSTRALIA 3800 Ph: +61 (0)3 9905-4471 http://www.maths.monash.edu.au/~cally