Re: Thickness Isn't Thickness

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29927] Re: Thickness Isn't Thickness
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:56:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have tyed it on my SGI box and the FrontEnd does not
show it correct but it is correct in an exported PostScript
file

gg = Show[
    Graphics[{Thickness[0.1], PostScript["1 setlinecap"];
        Line[{{-0.25, -0.25}, {1, 1}}], Line[{{0.75, -0.75}, {-1,
1}}]}]];
Export["test.eps", gg, "EPS"]

and in "test.eps" the lines have round ends.
It seems that Mathematica's PostScript interpreter
ignore the "setlinecap" and only use "2 setlinecap"
for every line. If you wish that thick lines end
exact on the endpoint "0 setlinecap" in a PostScript[]
command may help.

But I'm sure you will only see it in a external
PostScript viewer and not with Mathematica's
PostScript interpreter.

Regards
  Jens