Mathematica Link for Excel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29983] Mathematica Link for Excel
  • From: loopm at yahoo.com (Michael Loop)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:28:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Greetings,

I have recently written a large program in Mathematica, but now I need
to get it to interact with Microsoft Excel.  My goal is to use Visual
Basic in Excel to first open several Mathematica notebooks and
evaluate each notebook.  Then I want to read or export the final
results of these notebooks, which is a couple of vectors of numbers,
into Excel.  First I use Visual Basic to launch the Mathematica kernel
using "LinkOpenOrClose"  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get
Excel to open and evaluate the respective Mathematica notebooks.  If
anyone could give me an idea of how to proceed or recommend any good
books on this process, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you,

Michael Loop
Minneapolis, MN