Re: Mathematica Link for Excel
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29994] Re: Mathematica Link for Excel
- From: "James D. Purdy" <jpurdy at home.com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:49:02 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Michael Loop" <loopm at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9j8o42$5rv$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Greetings, > > I have recently written a large program in Mathematica, but now I need > to get it to interact with Microsoft Excel. My goal is to use Visual > Basic in Excel to first open several Mathematica notebooks and > evaluate each notebook. Then I want to read or export the final > results of these notebooks, which is a couple of vectors of numbers, > into Excel. First I use Visual Basic to launch the Mathematica kernel > using "LinkOpenOrClose" Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get > Excel to open and evaluate the respective Mathematica notebooks. If > anyone could give me an idea of how to proceed or recommend any good > books on this process, I would be greatly appreciative. > > Thank you, > > Michael Loop > Minneapolis, MN > There is a Mathematica<->Excel application package available from Wolfram. I just got it and it looks very promising. The price is $50.