Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29989] Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- From: "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver.friedrich at tz-mikroelektronik.de>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:28:53 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Could not solve your problem, but I found a very nice looking work-around. Try to get your derivative by writing Esc p d Esc Cntrl- x Cntrl space x^2 It should look like d Subscript x x^2 Very strange to write down the Mathematica special characters and notations, I hope you understand. It looks much nicer than the Derivative expression Oli "Tim 9-23" <bendoftimeb at stny.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9j65da$2fg$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I thought I would get the answer which is 2x, but I'm getting (x^2)'. > > So my question is, how do I get the program to find the derivative and > not just re-write it in another form. What's the command? > > My email address is anti-spammed. Remove the 2 B's after hitting email reply > if you want to email me. > > Tim 9-23 >