Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29967] Re: Derivative[x^2] ??
- From: Ignacio Rodriguez <ignacio at sgirmn.pluri.ucm.es>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:28:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: UCM
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I think D[x^2,x] is the easiest way. If you want to use Derivative, however, you will have to write Derivative[(#1^2)&][x] Tim 9-23 wrote: > I thought I would get the answer which is 2x, but I'm getting (x^2)'. > > So my question is, how do I get the program to find the derivative and > not just re-write it in another form. What's the command? > > My email address is anti-spammed. Remove the 2 B's after hitting email reply > if you want to email me. > > Tim 9-23 -- Ignacio Rodriguez Ramirez de Arellano Unidad de RMN Universidad Complutense Paseo Juan XXIII, 1 Madrid 28040, Spain Tel. 34-91-394-3288 Fax 34-91-394-3245 e-mail: ignacio at sgirmn.pluri.ucm.es