Embedding Excel (COM Objects) in Notebook

I'm interested in embedding COM objects (Excel is one) into
a Mathematica Notebook to create automated stress analysis notes.

I've heard of the Excel/ Mathematica however this is embedding
Mathematica into Excel, but I'm interested in the other way around,
using Mathemtica as the container.

Is this doable.  What are the OLE/COM compatibilities of MathLink?