graphics cell background
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30017] graphics cell background
- From: Mark Fisher <mark at markfisher.net>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:16:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I find (automatically) what the Background color is for Graphics cells in a notebook? I am writing some grahics code that uses the Background color to mask some unwanted features. I'd like the code to work generally. My code is built on top of ListPlot. As a first pass, I dealt with "Background -> Automatic" by treating it as "Background -> RGBColor[1,1,1]", but that's not always true. The Background in a Graphics object is inherited from the Background of Graphics cells, which can be set in the style sheet and inherited from the notebook. It's not clear to me how to discover the proper value short of opening the style sheet and searching through it in various places. --Mark.