Re: commands history in notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30102] Re: [mg30092] commands history in notebook
  • From: Dale Horton <daleh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 01:51:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 02:52 AM 7/27/2001, Jian Peng wrote:
>New to Mathematica, I am desperately in need to find this. In the
>notebook, how do I recall a command I have typed in previously? Like the
>function you have in unix or doskey, you use arrows to go
>through the commands buffer, so I don't have to type in some long
>command again and again when I just need to change one or to parameters.
>
>Thanks  a lot.
>
>Jay

It sounds like you are using a standalone kernel. It's interface is very
limited and it does not support a command history. I would suggest that you
use the Mathematica frontend. In the frontend it is trivial to reevaluate
or modify previous input.

If you want a text interface with a history, then you should look at

http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Enhancements/FrontEnd/0210-946