Re: Best code to match corresponding list items?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27763] Re: Best code to match corresponding list items?
  • From: "Roger Ison" <rison at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 04:07:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you to all who replied to my posting about matching pairs of list
elements.
Of course it is quite right that Transpose[ ] does what I need, and very
efficiently.
Also I hadn't appreciated what can be done with Thread[ ].

As to Transpose[ ], funny what the human mind can miss. It was so obvious,
but since I posed the question to myself in terms of matching pairs of
elements,
Transpose never came to mind.

Regards to all
Roger