Dumb question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27772] Dumb question
  • From: Gustavo Seabra <gseabra at swbell.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 04:07:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello. I know this may be a dumb question, and I apologize for doing that.
But I am new to Mathematica, and I'm having a little trouble with this. I
want to plot the equation:

P=[sin(a-x)*t/(a-x)]^2

with fixed t (say, 1) and fixed a (say, Pi/2), with x varying from 0 to Pi.
I know there is a discontinuity at x=a. Is there a way to plot this? I mean,
P(x) versus x?

Thanks,
Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department