Re: Problem to evaluate cube root of a negative cube number where a real value is expected

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28134] Re: Problem to evaluate cube root of a negative cube number where a real value is expected
  • From: "Ersek, Ted R" <ErsekTR at navair.navy.mil>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:59:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Gary Lee Guanan asked the FAQ on how to simplify (-8)^(1/3) to (-2).
I am sure several users will tell you the RealOnly package which is included
with Mathematica will do what you want.  However, I wrote an improved
version of this package and you can download it from
http://www.mathsource.com/Content/WhatsNew/0211-396

Regards,
Ted Ersek

Download Mathematica tips, tricks from