Re: ScatterPlot3D/Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28675] Re: [mg28669] ScatterPlot3D/Plot3D
  • From: Hugh Walker <hwalker at>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 02:51:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

ScatterPlot3D is a function in the AddOn Package Graphics`Graphics3D` which
is not automatically loaded at startup. Let data be the 3 x n list one
wants to display. The code that follows should do it.

Peter Lindsay, pl at, asked

<I've got ~ 10,000 coordinates (x, y, z) in a text file. The coordinates are
not linearly spaced and I want to see how they look on a 3D plot.

I'm struggling a bit with the syntax, book 4 is remarkaby unhelpful about

Any advice appreciated,>

Hugh Walker
Gnarly Oaks