Urgent Message Link --- Sample J/Link Projects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28680] Urgent Message Link --- Sample J/Link Projects
  • From: "Junzo Sato" <jsato at fc.kuh.kumamoto-u.ac.jp>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 02:51:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear J/Link programmers in MathGroup,

I'm now trying to understand how an urgent message link for a mathlink is
treated in J/Link.
But it seems something different with c/c++ programming.
Will you try my jlinkprograms to see what's wrong with messageReady(),
getMessage(), and putMessage() or
a custom message handler used by addMessageHandler() ?
Java source code and CW6 projects are available at my web site.

http://fc.kuh.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/~jsato/jlinkprograms.hqx

To extract the archive on Mac/Win, the StuffIt Expander from
aladdinsys.com is required.

Three programs I wrote in java are as follows.

[1] MyKernelLinker
This application is based on Todd's JLinkUserGuide Part2.
It launches MathKernel.
Putting message MathLink.MLABORTMESSAGE does work.

[2] JavaSnooper
This applications relays packets between mathematica frontend and math
kernel.
It can't pass abort message.

[3] MathLinkTerminal
This application uses only the class MathLink.
Only one method put(String str) is used to send a string like a chat
program.
Urgent message is not detected.

Thank you for your help :-)
Junzo
5/8/2001

Junzo SATO
Email: jsato at fc.kuh.kumamoto-u.ac.jp

Department Of Medical Information Technology
Kumamoto University Hospital
University Of Kumamoto

1-1-1 Honjo, Kumamoto City,
Kumamoto, 860-8556, JAPAN