Re: 2 questions about bitmap images

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28763] Re: 2 questions about bitmap images
  • From: "Mariusz Jankowski" <mjkcc at usm.maine.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 20:00:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Barthelet,

this is an addition to the response posted by Jens-Peer Kuska. As he pointed
out, you can do

gr = Plot[Sin[x], {x,0,6}];

tmp = ImportString[ExportString[gr, "BMP"], "BMP"] (* use ImageSize to
control the dimensions of the resulting Raster *)

and you will get a Graphics[Raster[ ] ] object.

Now, with the "Digital Image Processing" application you simply use

img = ToGrayLevel[ tmp[[1, 1]] ] (* for monochrome Rasters *)

which is the typical method for converting a matrix of values (i.e. raw
data) into an ImageData object representing a monochrome image.

Mariusz

Mariusz Jankowski
University of Southern Maine
mjkcc at usm.maine.edu