RE: Win2000

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28762] RE: [mg28730] Win2000
  • From: "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 20:00:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

all My PC's (2 desktops, 1 laptop) are under Win2000 and running Mathematica 4.1
without a glitch.

Here is one hint: Mathematica scans the network to see if there is another version
of Mathematica running with the same password. It happened to me in the past under
both Win98 and Win2000 to cause problem when my network configuration was
not valid. Including when I was just disconnected from the net.

Since win2000 has a pretty flexible networking environment I suggest you try
to change your network settings.
I hope this helps,

email me back directly if you want, and we can try to solve this over the