Inverse Laplace output format?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg28769] Inverse Laplace output format?
- From: "Jose Lopez Jr." <chilibean2in at netzero.net>
- Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 01:36:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have the following inverse Laplace - f = (11s^2 + 172s + 700)/((s + 2)(s^2 + 12s + 100)) InverseLaplaceTransform[f, s, t] but the answer is in exponential form. I understand the ExpToTrig command but I want to get the answer in "cos theta in degree" form - 5Exp[-2t] + 10Exp[-6t]cos(8t - 53.13°) How do I do that because when I use the ExpToTrig I get (3 - 4 \[ImaginaryI]) Cosh[(6 + 8 \[ImaginaryI]) t] - (3 - 4 \[ImaginaryI]) Sinh[(6 + 8 \[ImaginaryI]) t] and don't know what to do to get it to my "cos theta in degree" form.