Re: help! - questions about Integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28856] Re: help! - questions about Integration
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I expect serious typing errors in your equation

A < (x^2+y^2)/(x^2 Y^2 x^2-y^2) < B

it may be
A < (x^2+y^2)/(x^4 Y^2-y^2) < B

or
A < (x^2+y^2)/(x^2 y^2+ x^2-y^2) < B

With Mathematica 4.1 *and* the correct formula you may try

Needs["Calculus`Integration`"]

  Integrate[
    Exp[-(x/a)^2 - (y/b)^2]*
      Boole[A < (x^2 + y^2)/(x^2 y^2+ x^2 - y^2) < B],
     {x, -Infinity, Infinity},
     {y, -Infinity, Infinity}]

How ever your inequality does not work.

Regards