Q: Recursion on a list

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28886] Q: Recursion on a list
  • From: "msc" <mscmsc at>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 04:22:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm looking for an efficient method (i.e., with the use of an explicit loop)
for the following problem. I am working with large lists (several thousand
elements) of data. Denote one such list r. I would like to define a new list
x such that:

x[0] = 1.0

x[t] = x[t-1]*(1.0 + r[t])

Can anyone suggest an efficient way?