Re: Re: Creating graph with only a few data points

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28945] Re: [mg28901] Re: Creating graph with only a few data points
  • From: "Mark Harder" <harderm at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:28:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

>>> Has anybody another idea?

I don't know if these ideas will work. I don't have time to try them, but
here they are:
   1.)     The simplest solution would be to plot voltage on the y-axis, and
current on the x-axis, instead of the other way around.  You could publish
your plot as is, or maybe there is a way of rotating the plot 90degrees
before showing it. (Does anyone know how to do this?).
  2.)    Another way to plot multivalued functions like yours is to
transform them into polar form & use PolarPlot from the Graphics` package.
Hopefully, you can still then plot the function with labeled x and y axes.
  3.)   You are trying to interpolate your data with a model-free function
function.  Don't you have a physical model, in other words, a function that
gives voltage or current as a function defined with physical parameters like
resistance (dI/dV, which will be negative above the breakpoint in voltage)?
Then you could plot that function, once you have the physical parameters
that agree with your {V,I} points, which you could obtain with NonllinearFit
(somebody else mentioned NLFit in this stream).
-mark harder