RE: Re: Creating graph with only a few data points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28942] RE: [mg28901] Re: Creating graph with only a few data points
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:28:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Oliver,

You probably could get some good help with your problem but you are not
giving people a chance to help you. First, without giving a valid email
address people can't communicate with you and if they can't communicate with
you, they can't help you.

Next, your problem is very ill stated. There are two aspects to your
problem. What, exactly, is it that you want to plot? Then, how can you plot
it to make a nice piece of graphics? Are your data points supposed to fit
some kind of model? Then what is the model? You may need to use something
like the Statistics`NonlinearFit` package.

If you have a model, and a set of data points, then a routine could probably
be written that would fit and make a nice plot of the data. Mathematica has
to be told what you want to do. Mathematica could not possibly have built-in
routines for every type of mathematical or engineering calculation. You
almost always have to do a little specification and programming yourself.
But I am fairly certain that Mathematica can easily be used to solve your
problem - if you can state it clearly.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/