Newbie solving mod M linear equations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29045] Newbie solving mod M linear equations
- From: Bob Harris <nitlion at mindspring.com>
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:53:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I can't figure out how to use mathematica to solve systems of linear
equations in which all the arithemetic should be performed modulo m. Can
anyone give me a few pointers?
For example, I might want to solve this system, modulo 5 (this is matrix
times vector = vector):
[ 0 1 1 1 0 ][A] 
[ 1 0 0 1 1 ][B] 
[ 1 0 0 1 0 ][C] =  (mod 5)
[ 1 1 1 0 1 ][D] 
[ 0 1 0 1 0 ][E] 
The solution to this is
[C] = 
I know how to solve these things manually, but it gets rather difficult on
the larger systems that I actually use.
Any help would be appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Re: Left-hand Sum, etc?
Next by Date:
Another question on Integrate
Previous by thread:
re: Newbie solving mod M linear equations
Next by thread:
Re: Newbie solving mod M linear equations