Re: Faster rotate bitmap

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29037] Re: Faster rotate bitmap
  • From: "Paul Lutus" <nospam at nosite.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:53:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Simon Chandler" <simon_chandler at agilent.com> wrote in message
news:9ektan$7un at smc.vnet.net...
> I need to be able to rotate a bitmap image (1280 x 960 pixels) through a
specified angle so that a feature is aligned with the image columns (i.e.,
is "vertical"). This is to be done automatically to many images, with no
user intervention. After completing the rotation various features are
automatically measured. I can now do this, but the actual image rotation
takes too long (approx 10 seconds). Can you help me find a faster rotation
method. I'd really like the rotation of my 1280 x 960 image to take less
than 1 second.

1. If speed is essential and image colors and pixel depth are not, use a
shallower image format (fewer colors).
2. Farm out the actual rotation to a native-code module.

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com