Animations and Options Inspector

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg29071] Animations and Options Inspector
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 21:54:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have recently been making a few animations with Mathematica and found that
they all cycle forever, which in my case is completely undesirable. I have
tried to change this by setting AnimationCycleRepeat to 1 in the Options
Inspector. But to my great frustration I found myself unable to change any
of the Animation settings (AnimationDisplayTime, AnimationCycleOffset,
AnimationCycleRepeat) at all. I can change them neither for a  particular
cell, nor for a notebook nor globally. I can type a different value, for
example 1 for AnimationCycleRepeat but it will immediately switch itself to
the default setting "Infinity" the moment I click on anything else in the
Options Inspector window. This happens with Mathematica 4.1 for MacOS. It
seems to me that this is either a serious bug or a very poorly documented
"feature". Or perhaps I am missing something obvious?

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University