Re: OOP in Mathematica

In article <9f2g4c$878$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Jens-Peer Kuska"
<kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

> The head *is* the function call!

No, the head is just the head. If a particular head is associated with
replacement rules that work like a function, you might want to call that
head a "function". On the other hand, you can invert function and argument
if you wish:

In[33]:= x_[sin]^:=Sin[x]

In[34]:= Pi[sin]

Out[34]= 0

To be sure, most rules mimic function evaluation and/or sequential flow of
control. This makes Mathematica look more like a "normal" programming
language than it really is. It's really just a convention: Mathematica can
also define bizarre rules like the ones above.