Has anybody gotten MathLink Modules to compile using Linux Mandrake 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28890] Has anybody gotten MathLink Modules to compile using Linux Mandrake 8.0
  • From: msh <ottffss at worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 04:23:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am trying to run /compile a mathlink module under Mandrake 8.0 (with
kernel version 2.4.3-20mdk installed).  I've tried several things

Using a mathlink module compiled under the 2.2 kernel (that works fine
under Mandrake 7.2 -- kernel 2.2.17-21mdk)

Using a mathlink module compiled under kernel 2.4.3-20mdk. (compilation
proceeds without a problem using the make file below)

Using either compiled mathlink executable under Mandrake 8.0 Mathematica
reports that there was an error connecting with the mathlink object.

I am running this test using a notebook that works fine under Mandrake
7.2.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anybody have a suggested
workaround?  Is the problem kernel related or has something else also
changed to break things (networking is completely different, the
compiler is different...).

Finally, why not turn at least the linux version of MathLink into an
open source project so that problems like this can be identified earlier
(during beta testing of the kernel) and more quickly.

Thanks

Here is the makefile I am using:

# This makefile can be used to build all or some of the sample
# programs.  'make Ultrasound'.

#MLINKDIR = /usr/local/mathematica/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits
#SYS = Linux
#ADDONSDIR = ${MLINKDIR}/${SYS}/CompilerAdditions

#INCDIR = ${ADDONSDIR}
#LIBDIR = ${ADDONSDIR}

#MPREP = ${ADDONSDIR}/mprep

MLINKDIR = /usr/local/mathematica/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits
SYS = Linux
CADDSDIR = ${MLINKDIR}/${SYS}/CompilerAdditions

INCDIR = ${CADDSDIR}
LIBDIR = ${CADDSDIR}

MPREP = ${CADDSDIR}/mprep

OBJS = Ultrasoundtm.o Ultrasound.o correctedfft.o DeJong.o
memoryallocations.o

Ultrasound : ${OBJS}
        ${CC} -g -I${INCDIR} $? -L${LIBDIR} -lML -lm -o $@

.c.o :
        ${CC} -c -g -I${INCDIR} $<

Ultrasoundtm.c : Ultrasound.tm
        ${MPREP} $? > $@

correctedfft.o : correctedfft.c correctedfft.h
        ${CC} -c correctedfft.c

clean :
        rm -rf *.o;rm -rf Ultrasoundtm.c; rm -rf Ultrasound