how to limit digits?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31433] how to limit digits?
- From: Paolo Bientinesi <pauldj at cs.utexas.edu>
- Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:25:11 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Texas at Austin
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, how can I set Mathematica arithmetic to use a limited number (3 or 5) of decimal digits? I tried $MaxPrecision=$MinPrecision=3 but for expressions like .3 + .1019 I still get the right answer rather than the expected .401 or .402 (truncating or rounding). thanks -- PaulDj pauldj at cs.utexas.edu bientin at imc.pi.cnr.it