how to limit digits?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31433] how to limit digits?
- From: Paolo Bientinesi <pauldj at cs.utexas.edu>
- Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 18:25:11 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Texas at Austin
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
how can I set Mathematica arithmetic to use a limited number (3 or 5)
of decimal digits?
I tried $MaxPrecision=$MinPrecision=3
but for expressions like .3 + .1019 I still get the right answer
rather than the expected .401 or .402 (truncating or rounding).
pauldj at cs.utexas.edu bientin at imc.pi.cnr.it
Prev by Date:
Plot in Mathematica 4.0
Next by Date:
Re: Foldlist Question
Previous by thread:
Re: Plot in Mathematica 4.0
Next by thread:
Re: how to limit digits?