Re: how to limit digits?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31438] Re: how to limit digits?
- From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 03:48:22 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Use the Option Inspector to set
PrintPrecision -> 3
This can be set at the level of cells, notebooks or globally ( fo all
However it only works iif the default output form (see unde Cell menu) is
set to Standard (the default) or Traditional.
Mathematica Training and Consulting
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198
Fax: +44 (0)870 164 0565
"Paolo Bientinesi" <pauldj at cs.utexas.edu> wrote in message
news:9s1v00$o4r$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> how can I set Mathematica arithmetic to use a limited number (3 or 5)
> of decimal digits?
> I tried $MaxPrecision=$MinPrecision=3
> but for expressions like .3 + .1019 I still get the right answer
> rather than the expected .401 or .402 (truncating or rounding).
> pauldj at cs.utexas.edu bientin at imc.pi.cnr.it
Prev by Date:
Re: Clearing Subscripted Variables?
Next by Date:
lists w/o double brackets
Previous by thread:
how to limit digits?
Next by thread:
Storing Data into Excel - Pls Help ...