Re: Clearing Subscripted Variables?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31439] Re: Clearing Subscripted Variables?
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 03:48:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Your definitions, below, are tagged by  Subscript, which has context
"Symbol`" not "Global`" so they are not cleared
by Clear["Global`*"].

It would be inadvisable to use  Clear["Symbol`*"]., but we can use

Alternatively we could alter the definition to tag the stored rule with f
(as UpValues of f}

    For[i = 0, i < 4, i++, f /: Subscript[f, i] = 0]

Then we can use

or the briefer

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting