looking for a symbolic matrix calculus package
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31462] looking for a symbolic matrix calculus package
- From: friendly at hotspur.psych.yorku.ca (Michael Friendly)
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 05:29:39 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: York University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm looking for a Mathematica package to do symbolic matrix calculus, e.g.,
where one could declare vectors (x, y, ...) as having shape
n x 1, matrices (A, B, ...) as shape n x n, and get things like
Derivative[ a . x, x] ==> a
Derivative[ x . x, x] ==> 2 x
Derivative[ Transpose(x) . A . x, x] ==> 2 A . x
I have seen some packages for tensors and tensor calculus, but they
are way to complex for my needs.
A direct reply email would be appreciated.
Michael Friendly Email: friendly at yorku.ca (NeXTmail OK)
York University Voice: 416 736-5115 x66249 Fax: 416 736-5814
4700 Keele Street http://www.math.yorku.ca/SCS/friendly.html
Toronto, ONT M3J 1P3 CANADA
Prev by Date:
Re: Plot in Mathematica 4.0
Next by Date:
Re: Storing Data into Excel - Pls Help ...
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica for Mac OS X 10.1?
Next by thread:
2nd order differential equation help