Re: Column problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31652] Re: Column problem
  • From: bghiggins at ucdavis.edu (Brian Higgins)
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:46:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Axel, Here is what I do ( I found this out by trial and error so not
sure if it is the optimum way to do it)

(i) Select the  2Columnbox style.Type in any character so that you
have an active 2Columnbox cell in the FE. Delete the charcter you
typed in.

(ii) With the cursor in the 2Columnbox cell, create an inline cell
(Control 9). Type in the contents of the inline cell. This is column1

(iii)Then press Control "comma" . A new place holder for the inline
cell is created for column 2.  Type in contents of column 2 .

(iv) Press control space twice. This gets you out of the inline cell.
Press Return.

(v)Repeat steps (ii)-(iv) to create the second row of data

My way seems kludgy. Perhaps others on the News Group have a better
way of  achieving the desired task.

cheers,

Brian