Import power point slides to Mathematica - please help !

I need to import ppt slides into mathematica. (Please do not advice me
to use
Adobe Acrobat insted of Power Point, because it was not me who decided
:-)
I tried to do it by windows metafiles,  but they grow in size wery
quickly
(aproximately 50 slides). I have tried to do it using jpegs and gifs,
but the size was also big.

I also tried to do it by printing ppt presettation to a file
and insert it into methematica as a postscript, but mathematica
does not want to do it (some errors accured). I can read this ps file
using
ghostview, so it is  not demaged. It seems that mathematica does not
recognize it correctly . What should I do ?

Katarzyna