Re: problems with editing

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31742] Re: [mg31714] problems with editing
  • From: Yas <y.tesiram at>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:14:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Am not much help to you but yes, what you describe below in the first
paragraph has happened to me once on Mac OS 9.1 (Mathematica V4). I
tried everything except reloading the OS. I recall simply copying the
entire notebook into a new one. Since then the problem has not occurred.
As a precaution I now avoid making extensive notes in Mathematica and if
I do need to I will have a word processor open alongside Mathematica.
Slightly inconvenient but I guess bugs such as these are hard to
reproduce and often a work around saves time and frustration. Maybe it
isn't even a bug but a "feature" and is of use for something, although I
can't imagine what -- just joking! Nevertheless am looking forward to
Mac OS X version of Mathematica and with fingers crossed I expect that
some other niggly little things about V4 will have magically disappeared.