Re: problems with editing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31742] Re: [mg31714] problems with editing
  • From: Yas <y.tesiram at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:14:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Avi,
Am not much help to you but yes, what you describe below in the first
paragraph has happened to me once on Mac OS 9.1 (Mathematica V4). I
tried everything except reloading the OS. I recall simply copying the
entire notebook into a new one. Since then the problem has not occurred.
As a precaution I now avoid making extensive notes in Mathematica and if
I do need to I will have a word processor open alongside Mathematica.
Slightly inconvenient but I guess bugs such as these are hard to
reproduce and often a work around saves time and frustration. Maybe it
isn't even a bug but a "feature" and is of use for something, although I
can't imagine what -- just joking! Nevertheless am looking forward to
Mac OS X version of Mathematica and with fingers crossed I expect that
some other niggly little things about V4 will have magically disappeared.

Cheers
Yas