Bug in FourierTransform?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31065] Bug in FourierTransform?
- From: Daniel Arteaga <darteaga at ffn.ub.es>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 03:32:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mathematica hangs up when trying to compute the Fourier transform of
F[X_, Y_] :=
E^(-100 + 20*X - 2*X^2 - 10*Y - Y^2/2) +
E^(-100 - 2*X^2 - 10*Y - Y^2/2 + 10*(10 + Y)) +
E^(-200 + 20*X - 2*X^2 - 10*Y - Y^2/2 + 10*(2*X + Y)) +
E^(-200 - 2*X^2 - 10*Y - Y^2/2 + 10*(10 + Y) + 10*(2*X + Y))
(keeps running forever)
However, it computes very fast the Fourier transform of each term
separately. I am using Mathematica 4.1 in Windows 2000. Mathematica 2.2
computed correctly this fourier transform.
Prev by Date:
Errorbars in BOTH directions
Next by Date:
Help: How to solve PDE in Mathematica?
Previous by thread:
RE: Errorbars in BOTH directions
Next by thread:
Re: Bug in FourierTransform?