Re: RGBColor to Hue?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31049] Re: RGBColor to Hue?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 03:32:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, no documented function ? really ? And what's that: ?ToColor "ToColor[color, form] converts color to form if form is GrayLevel, RGBColor \ or CMYKColor color is converted into it. Otherwise form[color] is evaluated \ and the result is expected to be a valid color directive." Regards Jens David Park wrote: > > Dear MathGroup, > > Does anyone know transformation equations that will convert RGBColors to > Hues? If one looks at the input ColorSelector there seems to be an > equivalence between them. Yet there seems to be no documented function which > converts from RGBColor to Hue. > > Specifically I would like to obtain a hue and a brightness for any RGBColor. > I am not looking for something picture perfect. Just something roughly > equivalent for screen display of Mathematica notebooks. > > David Park > djmp at earthlink.net > http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/