Pasting several cells at once

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31062] Pasting several cells at once
  • From: Stegemann at (Grischa Stegemann)
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 03:32:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear group

Since a couple of weeks I am working with Mathematica (X).
What still puzzles me is Mathematicas behaviour in connection with
"copy and paste" of several cells at once.

Assume we have three cells, e.g. (in Expression format)
Cell[BoxData["a"], "Input"]
Cell[BoxData["b"], "Input"]
Cell[BoxData["c"], "Input"]

Now I select all these three cells, choose "copy" from the Edit-menu
and try to paste these cells elsewhere in the notebook.
As a result I always get just one cell instead of the expected three

Cell[BoxData[{"a", "\[IndentingNewLine]", "b", "\[IndentingNewLine]",
  "c"}], "Input"]

This is pretty inconvenient especially if I try to copy and paste more
complex structures of cells.

Is there something I can do about this?

Bye, Grischa
   Grischa Stegemann                     Technische Universität Berlin --