Re: Urgent but simple problem III

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31055] Re: Urgent but simple problem III
  • From: Albert Retey <albert.retey at visualanalysis.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 03:32:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>  Albert, i never logged off in Machine B, where the process takes place,
> and i could verify that it was still runinig.
>  I logged off machine A, in B, the process was not interrupted.

Hi,

Sorry, it seems that I didn't understand your problem correctly, and
still don't. My impression was that you are trying to run a Frontend on
machine A and the Kernel on machine B. If you then log off machine A,
the frontend will be killed, but you say the Kernel in B keeps running,
which comes as a surpirse to me, but anyway. Then you try to connect
back to the still running kernel on machine B. Is that what your problem
is? Do you understand that there are two independent processes running,
the Fronend and the Kernel, commmunicating over MathLink? Maybe it will
help to learn about MathLink, but I don't know whether it allows to
restart a "dead" connection. Anyone? Maybe you should try to describe
what you are trying to do cleary and in more detail...

Albert