- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31081] Re: [mg31071] BMP->Table
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 03:11:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Wonko the Sane wrote:
> Is there a way in Mathematica to convert a greyscale Bitmap into a
> Table of values where each element in the array corresponds to the
> value (0-255) of the pixel at that point.
The answer to this question ultimately depends on what format is used to
store the grayscale bitmap. If it is a portable graymap (PGM), it is very
easy to define a function with ReadList calls. If it is something more
complicated, you may be able to use Import to obtain the Raster for
the graphic and convert the contents into graylevels of the desired range.
User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.
Prev by Date:
Require derivation for the intersection of three planes
Next by Date:
RE: Errorbars in BOTH directions
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: