Re: Pasting several cells at once

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31080] Re: [mg31062] Pasting several cells at once
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 03:11:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Dear group
>
> Since a couple of weeks I am working with Mathematica 4.0.2.0 (X).
> What still puzzles me is Mathematicas behaviour in connection with
> "copy and paste" of several cells at once.
>
> Assume we have three cells, e.g. (in Expression format)
> Cell[BoxData["a"], "Input"]
> Cell[BoxData["b"], "Input"]
> Cell[BoxData["c"], "Input"]
>
> Now I select all these three cells, choose "copy" from the Edit-menu
> and try to paste these cells elsewhere in the notebook.
> As a result I always get just one cell instead of the expected three
> ones:
>
> Cell[BoxData[{"a", "\[IndentingNewLine]", "b", "\[IndentingNewLine]",
>   "c"}], "Input"]
>
> This is pretty inconvenient especially if I try to copy and paste more
> complex structures of cells.
>
> Is there something I can do about this?
>
> Bye, Grischa
> --
>    Grischa Stegemann                     Technische Universität Berlin --

When you choose the place where you want to paste your cells, don't
click inside of a cell.  Click in between two cells (or above the
first cell or after the last cell of the notebook).  When you do,
you should see a horizontal line stretching all the way across the
window which represents an insertion point for new cells.  Pasting
here will paste the preserved cell structure.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group