Multiple scales for Y axis of plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31094] Multiple scales for Y axis of plot?
  • From: "Christopher R. Carlen" <crcarle at sandia.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:55:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi:

I have a typical multi-expression plot like this:

Plot[ {f1, f2}, {x,a,b}, PlotStyle->{RGBColor[1,0,0], RGBColor[0,0,1]}
].

On the Y axis, I want to have a different scale for each of the two
functions.  How can I generate another scaled Y axis adjacent to the
default one, or in general acheive this sort of thing?  I anticipate a
lengthy process of building up all the graphics primitives, but before I
figure all that out, I'm wondering if there is a reasonably easy way.

Thanks!

--
Christopher R. Carlen