Re: Animated GIF

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31093] Re: Animated GIF
  • From: Adam Smith<adam.smith at>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:55:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have not been able to use export directly with the "Animation" package.  But
you can work around this by manually making the animation.  I illustrate this

p = Table[Plot[Sin[2 Pi x t],{x,0,1}],{t,1,3}]

Note:  the double quotes are necessary in the ConversionOptions statement.  I
have found that without double quotes these options are ignored.  See the online
help under Export (additional information) for a big list of export options.

In article <9pmct3$627$1 at>, Kurt Kokko says...
>Hi all,
>Is there a handy way to export animation as a series of GIF-files. I
>have tried several things, but none of them worked so I did it hard way
>;-)  I saved all the graphics in animation one by one as a PICT file,
>then converted those to GIF and finally created a nice Animated GIF-file
>(sometimes you have to do things like this when you want to show
>something in Windows-world).
>Does anyone know when the "native" Mac OS X version comes out? We are
>allready in Q4.
>Warmest regards,

Adam Smith
Dept. of Physics