What variables are in a function and displaying surds

Hi,

Is there a way in Mathematica to generate a list of variables in an
expression like Variable[]. For example if I passed the expression
Sin[x+y]+ z/p - t the list {x,y,z,p,t} would be generated.

Another unrelated question is when I use Mathematica V4.0 to calculate
tables of ThreeJSymbols the outputs Generally consist of fractions of
roots of the form

Sqrt[a/b] , c/Sqrt[d] and Sometimes Sqrt[e/f]/g

is there a way to force Mathematica always output them in the form
Sqrt[h]/i

eg instead of it giving Sqrt[2/3] giving Sqrt[6]/3

Regards, Michael