- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31148] Simplex visualization
- From: "Borut L" <borut at email.si>
- Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 02:47:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I did computation on linear programming.
I would like to find the solution for N = 3 (three variables, 3D space) by a
cool graphical analogy. Everybody is probably aware of the method:
machete-cutting space, where you get a polyhedron out of it (the boundary
faces are the constrains on variables).
I can't implement the thinking into Mathematica. I have a cube and would
like to slice it apart by some inequalities (space division) and equalities
Something like Boolean function in 3D Studio Max where you produce solids...
but 3DSMax isn't that math-oriented.
Do you have any clue / idea for me?
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: Multiple scales for Y axis of plot?
Previous by thread:
Problem with building mathlink programs
Next by thread:
Re: Simplex visualization