  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31284] 2D to 3D graphics?
  • From: "Ingolf Dahl" <f9aid at fy.chalmers.se>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:28:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,
Is there any way to transform a general (2D) Graphics objects to a
Graphics3D object (with zero z coordinates)? I have a feeling that it is
either very simple or very complicated. Have I missed something in the Book?

Then I of course also want to be able to rotate the graphics in three
dimensions, by RotateShape, but that is maybe to ask too much.

I have experimented a bit with StackGraphics, since it seems to take 2D
graphics as input, and 3D as output, but have not yet managed to manipulate
the output of StackGraphics in any way.

Ingolf Dahl
Chalmers University